"Be Part of the Future! Not the Past! - Together, Let's Change Rotherham for Good!"

"I stand for Rotherham, I make no apologies for having pride in Rotherham. I will speak up at every opportunity for Rotherham and it's people".
Peter Thirlwall

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Why I am Supporting Peter Thirlwall and the Rotherham Independents



As someone previously heavily engaged in the old tribal electoral politics in Rotherham. Losing faith in politics completely, I had become hard bitten and cynical and pretty hard to impress.

So Peter Thirlwall had a mountain to climb if he was going to convince me that he might have something new to offer when we first met.

What I found, to my surprise, was a genuine ordinary kind of guy, very different from the kind of person normally prepared to stand for parliament. (ambitious, self aggrandising, lazy and greedy – remind you of anyone?) He is approachable and has none of the arrogance usually common to all local politicians, he seems to have an intuitive understanding of what is broken in Rotherham politics and has plans to put things right.

I am glad to say that Peter definitely is the real deal and is worthy of our trust, support and commitment. I am pleased to report that, contrary to some popular opinions, I just couldn't see a halo, no matter how hard I looked!

He knows he seems to be facing an uphill task but Peter has convinced me, that here, in Rotherham, so many have lost faith in politicians and politics in general, that he and all the Independents Campaign local candidates offer the best chance of a better future for all in Rotherham by turning away from the corrupt national parties and taking the Independents Choice.

Rik Van Hegan
 .