"Be Part of the Future! Not the Past! - Together, Let's Change Rotherham for Good!"

"I stand for Rotherham, I make no apologies for having pride in Rotherham. I will speak up at every opportunity for Rotherham and it's people".
Peter Thirlwall

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Christine Ayres, Seconds Peter Thirlwall's Nomination

.
I have known Peter Thirlwall for over 25 years as a loyal friend, to both me and my husband. I’m delighted to second his nomination for MP as I know he has all the important qualities you would hope for in an MP.  
Above all else Peter is trustworthy, a family man and homemaker who is amazingly hardworking and skilful in many practical ways as well as intellectually. A brilliant electrician, engineer, builder, and father, as well as a keen thinker with a sharp brain, Peter has massive reserves of energy and determination which he uses in great part for the benefit of other people wherever it’s needed.
Over the years Peter has impressed me with his compassion and understanding, and I know of many unpublicised acts of generosity and kindness to people in need. He lives by his own principles of openness, accessibility, fairness and straight talking and is a trustworthy, dependable friend. 
Peter has a reputation as a tough campaigner who takes a no nonsense approach to his work as a community representative. 
He is a leader rather than a follower, and strongly believes Rotherham needs a new voice to speak up for the town in the House of Commons. He believes we have been let down by the current Labour MP and he knows he can do better.
If Rotherham’s next MP is to be OUR champion rather than Westminster’s, then Peter Thirlwall is the man to vote for. 
Peter Thirlwall is a truly local candidate, a man of the people. 

THE man for Rotherham. 

Christine Ayres
.